I’ve finished up the free patterns and have finally started working on updating my patterns that are for sale. I have also decided to increase the price of the patterns based on all the work that goes into revamping them and all the great new charts and images that I’ve added. I think they are worth it and hopefully you will too!
The first pattern I’ve tackled is the Two Color Fingerless gloves pattern. This pattern, like the Gingerbread Icing Hat, has two versions that are included in the pattern. I’ve also added a pattern chart, finished measurements for each size, yarn yardage information for each size, and pictures of my new samples to show you how they should look.
I think I’m most excited about a quick reference color chart that I made so you can easily reference what pattern row and color you should be working on without having to read back through the written instructions. Enjoy!
Two Color Gloves on Etsy: $3.50
Two Color Gloves on Craftsy: $3.50
I’ve been working on a number of projects the past few weeks, most of them being custom order items or Christmas presents on my own holiday list! Here is a grouping of a bunch of those projects. A friend of mine asked me to make these simple I-cord necklaces as a gift and I liked them so much, I made some for myself to use as minimal scarves this winter. I had some small balls of Madelinetosh Tosh Merino left over from other projects and they were perfect for this type of project where you need just a bit of yarn. Here’s a quick video to show you how to do it. I used US8 dpns and worked over 4 stitches. I also have quick instructions in this craftsy project.
I’ll be starting on a hat and another set of gloves or two for some Christmas presents of my own. I’ve been working with Malabrigo Silky Merino again and remembered why I love it – so soft with a beautiful sheen!
Happy Thanksgiving this week!
I had a few lovely days at the Jersey shore and brought my books and knitting along to enjoy some time relaxing. In addition to the knitting, we took walks and bike rides and visited the boardwalk. The best thing about knitting is you can do it pretty much anywhere, including on the beach. While I was there I also went into a great little local yarn store and got this red color changing yarn by Austermann called Murano Lace that is actually DK weight. Perfect for this matching hat and glove set!
I bought a few skeins of Malabrigo Silky Merino a while back and had to try them out on the new fingerless mitts pattern. Its interesting to see how the colors vary through the pattern. Some of the skeins also varied in texture a bit, but they all worked well with this pattern. It makes me want to try a few more of the colorways, but I’ll have to wait until I’ve worked through some more of my yarn stash. I’ve decided to work out the instructions from one of my previous fingerless glove experiments next which I call Dandelion Puff mitts, which will work with worsted weight. Look for updates soon!
The pattern is finally done! I’ve been working hard to add useful information and recheck my patterns to make them easier to follow. I’ve also added some additional photographs so you can see how things are supposed to look. This pattern is a bit longer than previous offerings because the pattern knits differently on each glove to mirror the zigzags. Let me know if you have any questions. I’ve knit this with a few different colorways of Malabrigo Silky Merino and they look great. I’ll have some new pictures on Ravelry and Craftsy soon.
You can purchase this pattern for the price of $2.50 here:
Progress is moving faster now that I have worked out a couple of iterations. The first picture is the second version where I decided to try a cuff on the thumb opening as well. I reduced the flair at the bottom cuff, which worked perfectly, but the thumb cuff ended up being too heavy and picking up the stitches to finish it was hard to keep even. I also noticed that I needed to add a little more room in the glove at the base of the thumb, the material was being stretched more there and felt a bit tight.
I thought a bit more and decided that a button-hole opening would work well to streamline the gloves, but I needed to add a bit of a gusset below it to add a little give. I found a great button hole tutorial and decided to add some extra stitches on the outside loop. It turned out really well! The thumb hole has a little “cap sleeve” gusset underneath, but still maintains the pattern and helped with the fit. Now I just have to get it all written down in an easy to follow manner! I’ve also decided to mirror the left and right hand gloves, so the pattern will change on each glove. A bit of extra effort, but I think it will be worth it.