Progress report: new hats

After finishing the last few projects, I wanted to get to a hat design I’ve been thinking about for a Christmas present for my mom. The hats pictured above are my first two attempts at figuring it out. I used Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light in Byzantine for the first try. It turned out smaller than I expected, but I generally liked the pattern. I liked the feel of the yarn, but wanted to work in worsted weight for a nice warm hat. I switched to Madelinetosh Tosh Merino since I had a skein in my stash (in Turquoise) and tried the pattern adjusted for the weight. This hat turned out nice, but it lost the Tam quality with the ribbed pattern. I still think its a nice looser fitting hat and the stitch detail is strong with the colorway. This gave me the info I needed to work out a good Tam pattern that balances out the need for fullness with some pattern detail. The next round of hats will be posting soon!

Advertisements

3 thoughts on “Progress report: new hats

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s