In the pursuit of creating a unique baby shower gift, I decided to design my own Dalek inspired hooded baby blanket. I used the super chunky Bernat Blanket yarn that knits up quickly and allowed me to create details like the the bobbles at a scale in proportion to the overall blanket. I was so pleased with the results that I wanted to share it for free!
Here are the details:
– knits from the bottom up on US 13 needles
– Uses approx. 330 yds of super chunky yarn
– Knit flat and the top edges are joined with Kitchener stitch to create the hood.
– Overall size is 31 inches tall by 28 inches (flat) wide at the bottom and 14 inches (flat) wide at the top.
Pattern includes both written and chart instructions.
– Includes links to videos explaining how to create bobbles, welts, and Kitchener stitch joins.
Enjoy, you Doctor Who fans!